Director of Programming
MBS Radio (Maritime Broadcasting System Limited) is looking for a Director of Programming to help guide the future of its radio stations across PEI, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Reporting to the Vice President of Programming you will be responsible for our 22 radio stations in New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia, with flexibility towards city of residence.
We want to talk to someone who looks at how things are done and wants to do them better. Someone who understands all the people and pieces behind scenes to get the most out of what comes out of the speakers.
- Knows that great radio is a blend of art and science
- Determination and energy to get things done
- Understands how to develop talent
- Experience with multiple formats
- Provides leadership, guidance and coordination
- Believes in teamwork
- Builds community relationships
- Thinks strategically
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the supervision, direction, and overall performance of our radio stations.
- Ensures that programming serves the needs to our listeners and communities.
- Establishes clear goals for programming and measured results
- Provides clear direction and programming leadership
- Effectively communicates with all departments.
- Excels in communication both internally and externally.
- Flexible to travel throughout the Maritimes as required.
3+ years of radio programming experience in rated markets.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in radio broadcasting field.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position then send us your resume.
MBS Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
MBS Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.