Vice President, Sales & Corporate Strategy
MBS Radio, a Maritime owned family company, is committed to serving local communities and creating outstanding radio and digital marketing solutions. We live by our entrepreneurial values and are enthusiastic about growing with our customers across all market segments. With 24 radio stations connecting communities across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island, we are invested in the communities we serve. Over our 40-year history, we have stayed close to and understand our audience intimately – in their triumphs and tragedies. Whether rallying around charities, covering local events, or connecting advertisers with buyers, we know one size does not fit all. We are proud of our history and are even more ambitious for what’s next.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the VP Sales and Corporate Strategy is a key member of the MBS leadership team, a builder who will lead a passionate team through an exciting evolution in the radio industry. The mandate is to bring new opportunities to advertisers, delivering a comprehensive and fully integrated sales strategy, and serving clients with effective advertising solutions. The successful candidate is a master at rallying teams to work together, having fun, and achieving outstanding results. We customize onair advertising, live-on-location broadcasts, digital platforms including websites, streamers and social media as well as strategic event promotion. Our creativity is fueled by data and insight, and is complemented by our deep understanding of what works in each community where our clients do business. We tap into over one million radio listeners annually and attract 700,000-page views monthly.
The successful candidate is bullish about radio and matching audiences with local, regional, and national advertisers across radio and social media platforms.
- Champion community-based radio, digital platforms, programming, sales, marketing tools, and strategies
- Envision the future and pursue growth opportunities; create excitement and momentum for what’s next
- Develop and implement growth and sales strategies and align with annual business plans to deliver strong results
- Create a learning culture and build team development plans; serve as mentor and coach
- Build strong relationships with clients and understand their business goals
- Lead by example by being present in every community that MBS operates
- Catalyst for fresh ideas and develop the overall commercial strategy and performance of the company with annual and multi-year plans
- Collaborate across the company to create effective advertising solutions for customers
- Work closely with the General Sales Managers, recruit and develop top sales talent and invest in training and development; be an agent for positive change
- Arm sales teams with innovative products and programming in each market
- Create integrated pricing strategies to achieve maximum impact
- Bring a business focus to radio opportunities
- Grow MBS radio and digital advertising in the Maritimes
- Understand and relentlessly pursue growth opportunities for clients and the company
The VP Sales and Corporate Strategy would have demonstrated experience in these core competencies:
Strategy: Proven ability to understand the marketplace and develop and execute on competitive sales strategies, from creation, through to implementation and oversight.
Big Picture Thinker: Advanced analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Collaborative Communicator: Ability to lead and influence others. Strong verbal and written communication skills, including, powerful presentations and key messaging for executive level audiences.
Relationship Manager: Forge strong relationships and mentor the General Sales Managers to adapt our sales offering to meet market needs.
Organizational Skills: Proven track record of mobilizing teams to achieve optimum results. Strong Business and Financial Acumen: To anticipate and match opportunities to help clients grow their business through customized advertising options.
Proactive Leader: Set the tone for the team as a self-starter; help motivate the team to self-manage and prioritize deliverables.
Marketing Savvy: Hands-on experience of the marketing function and knowledge of industry-specific trends.
- Post-secondary graduate, ideally with an MBA or other relevant designation, such as marketing
- Four-six years experience in B2B senior sales leadership with demonstrated business acumen
- Experience in the competitive media industry agencies, technology sales is an asset
- Adept at integrating technology and digital tools to support sales
- Outstanding leadership and customer relationship skills, especially face-to-face and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience supporting and growing exceptional sales teams Have demonstrated experience in business transformation
- General Sales Managers (9)
Key Internal Relationships
- Management team (e.g. IT, programing, finance, promotions)
- Sales teams in each market
Key External Relationships
- Key customers
- Agencies (Media buyers, marketers)
- Local business owners and managers