Vice President of Corporate Sales and Strategy
We are seeking a Vice President of Corporate Sales & Strategy that will report directly to the President. The role will be based in our Halifax Nova Scotia office with substantial travel throughout the Maritime provinces. The role will grow sustainable and profitable sales by leading and motivating more than 40 professionals throughout the Maritimes. These professionals are a combination of General Sales Managers and Account Managers. The focus will be on maximizing new business development, overall strategy, existing client growth opportunities, and client retention.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Strategic Planner: Proven ability to develop and execute competitive sales strategies, from creation through to tactical implementation.
- Big Picture Thinker: Advanced analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Collaborative Communicator: Strong verbal and written communication skills, including creating powerful presentations and key messaging for executive level audiences.
- Relationship Manager: Able to forge strong partnerships throughout the organization and influence change.
- Project Manager: Proven track record of project management expertise in leading multiple simultaneous complex initiatives. Strong business and financial acumen with experience using financial modelling skills to create sound business cases.
- Proactive Self-Starter: Able to self-manage and prioritize deliverables.
- Presentation skills: Advanced PowerPoint skills and demonstrated ability to lead and deliver superbly crafted presentations to an executive audience.
- Completion of post-secondary education or graduate school
- Four to six years’ experience in a B2B senior sales leadership role (preferably in the media industry with radio experience);
- Outstanding leadership and customer relationship skills;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Must be able to demonstrate effective organizational and time management skills;
- Understanding of the creative and production environment;
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral presentation skills;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- Ability to interact and achieve results with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to thrive in a ‘family owned’ entrepreneurial environment;
- Grow the Maritime Broadcasting System group of companies;
- Define, guide and direct the overall commercial strategy and performance of the business;
- Participate in the annual budget process to arrive at revenue targets on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis and for a three-year plan;
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with all key/national accounts/agencies;
- Significant travel required to participate in sales presentations, negotiations, and senior level meetings;
- Coordinate and execute sales meetings, and attend trade shows and conferences, as required;
- Participate in developing the company pricing strategy;
- Must represent MBS Radio by aligning with and living the company values.
The radio industry is evolving. The ideal candidate will be someone who can lead a passionate team through this exciting evolution. This is a great opportunity to join a family run organization that is committed to serving local communities.
MBS Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted